Sunday, June 6, 2010

How To Lead Worship You Can Be Proud Of

Being a praise and worship leader is likely one of the most satisfying and wonderful tasks in the church. But if pride comes before a fall, then worship leaders are recognized with pastors is among the most prideful folks in the church immediately! Is it flawed to be proud of your worship leading? Is it unsuitable to be pleased with your talents? Is it wrong to learn to lead worship extra effectively?

As a praise and worship leader for over 20 years, I've usually wrestled with the concept of pride. The primary remark to make is that I believe my ability and your skill as a worship leader is God-given, and it isn't an inherent or discovered capability or talent that we now have developed in ourselves. Sure, we may be nice musicians, wonderful guitarists or fabulous Keyboard gamers, however merely having musical means doesn't make you an incredible worship leader. We'd have a wonderful voice, one which we have now worked on diligently for a few years, however this doesn't make you an amazing worship leader.

However, when God takes his natural capability or talent, He and He alone can remodel an amazing musician or singer into an anointed praise and worship leader. It doesn't matter what your ability level, we have to recognise that being an anointed worship leader is a small quantity about our skill, and nearly completely about the anointing of the Lord! Whenever you keep this attitude on praise and worship leading it is hard for the heart to be overcome with a sinful pride.

In order a praise and worship leader, when I think about worship leading that I will be happy with, it is really a measure of satisfaction that I've understanding that it has been a job well performed, and that myself and my team have led the people right into a deeper presence of the Lord. It isn't pride in my abilities, and even figuring out how to lead worship successfully, is that feeling of satisfaction knowing that I've set out to serve the Lord and, by his grace, he has seen me by to the tip and has blessed my efforts and the efforts of my crew with powerful and positive results.

lights and sound

No comments:

Post a Comment